The FAA has updated its resource guides for the three big oceanic areas of interest: the North Atlantic, the Pacific, and WATRS airspace (West Atlantic / Gulf Of Mexico / Caribbean). All three have been updated effective Jan 12, 2022.
These guides are a good starting point for understanding all the essentials of operating in these regions, and include links to all kinds of useful supplemental information around the main topics for each region.
Click on the pics to check them out.
To see a timeline of the big changes on the NAT stretching back to the beginning of time (well, 2015) click here.
Opsgroup members can download several NAT guides and a Plotting Chart via the dashboard here.
More on the topic:
- More: NAT Basics: An Unofficial Checklist For Pilots
- More: Aug 2022 NAT Doc 006 Changes
- More: The FAA Northeast Corridor Atlantic Coast Routes Project
- More: ACARS Oceanic Clearances on the NAT
- More: There’s a blob of airspace causing issues in the NAT