The FAA has updated its resource guides for the three big oceanic areas of interest: the North Atlantic, the Pacific, and WATRS airspace (West Atlantic / Gulf Of Mexico / Caribbean). All three have been updated effective Jan 12, 2022.
These guides are a good starting point for understanding all the essentials of operating in these regions, and include links to all kinds of useful supplemental information around the main topics for each region.
Click on the pics to check them out.
To see a timeline of the big changes on the NAT stretching back to the beginning of time (well, 2015) click here.
Opsgroup members can download several NAT guides and a Plotting Chart via the dashboard here.
More on the topic:
- More: The Hot Topic of Hot Spots
- More: Alphabet Soup: FAA New Flight Planning Codes
- More: The FAA Northeast Corridor Atlantic Coast Routes Project
- More: Russia Reroutes: Alaskan Airport Options
- More: Timeline of North Atlantic Changes
- Latest: Park It! A look at some of Europe’s busiest summer airports
- Latest: Trains, Planes and Fuel-mobiles
- Latest: Formula 1 & Movie Stars: Special Procedures in Southern France
- Safe Airspace: Risk Database
- Weekly Ops Bulletin: Subscribe
- Membership plans: Why join OPSGROUP?