St Thomas re-opens to commercial flights today.
All non-military aircraft need to use St. Thomas Jet Center. To request ops, there’s a Notam out saying you should try calling them direct on +1-340-777-9177, but we’ve heard from our local contacts that might not work. If so, you should send your request via SMS to +1-340-998-7243, but make sure you include complete info about your planned flight:
- Company name
- Tail number
- Make and model of aircraft
- Date of arrival/departure
- Local time ETA/ETD (TIST is GMT-4)
- Number of crew/pax both in and out
- Fuel requirements
- Method of payment
Airport hours are 0900-1800 local time. Only military ops allowed outside these hours.
Tower and unicom frequency is 118.8. Limited coverage from SJU Center.
ATIS, navaids, ILS, runway lights – all out of service.
No customs at the airport – if you need to clear customs then you can do so through TJIG/Isla Grande.
No internet, no ability to print out anything for flight crews, no rental cars. The only phone service that seems to work is AT&T, and that is patchy at best. SMS messages seem to work much better than phone calls.
More on the topic:
- More: What’s going on at Schiphol?
- More: What we’re seein’ in the Caribbean
- More: Naughty NAT Conundrums: Volume II
- More: Get in the know about the Farnborough Airshow
- More: OPSCHAT Summary May 24