A general strike is planned in Italy all day on Dec 16, which could include ATC personnel.
The impact of the strike is hard to assess until the day itself, but if it does go ahead, the usual rules would apply:
- No impact to overflights, inbound intercontinental flights (i.e. those from outside Europe), and other essential traffic
- Expect delays for all other flights to/from Italian airports.
LIBB/LIMM/LIRR Notam A9236/21 has the current information, and keep an eye on the Eurocontrol NOP for further announcements on what services will be impacted.
More on the topic:
- Latest: Sanctions-hit Mali bans flights from neighbouring countries
- Latest: NAT Doc 007 Changes Again!
- Latest: US 5G Roll Out: Launch Day, More Delays, New Notams and FAA Buffers
- Safe Airspace: Risk Database
- Weekly Ops Bulletin: Subscribe
- Membership plans: Why join OPSGROUP?