Typhoon Nida is enroute to Hong Kong, and will make landfall early on Tuesday morning. Now, we know that The Weather Channel and other mass media outlets enjoy exaggerating the picture somewhat, but the below NOAA graphic seems disproportionate as well.
With forecast average winds of around 40 knots (that’s a wet Wednesday in Ireland), and maximum maybe 70 knots – the impending doom depicted in the graphic below seems overstated. Has NOAA fallen victim to sensationalism? We wonder.
More on the topic:
- More: Hong Kong: King of the Airports
- More: Hong Kong revised entry rules for flight crew
- More: Hong Kong Airport relaxes slot rules
- More: Extra overnight slots for Hong Kong extended until 2019
- More: More overnight slots for Hong Kong