Updated: 1415Z / 09October
Good news–TNCM is set to reopen to commercial flights on October 10th. ATC is 100%, and security is in place for all areas (including the perimeter fence). The terminal is not yet fully operational, so there will be a hall set up with kiosks to support the passengers.
For daily updated status of SXM, please view our main Maria post here. Below are photos sent to us from on the ground at TNCM/ SXM after the storm passed.
We’ve got some progress photos:
Keep an eye here for any updates.
More on the topic:
- More: Hurricane Season Approaching: What’s in store for 2022?
- More: Hunting Hurricanes: The 2021 Atlantic Season
- More: 2020: A Record Breaking Hurricane Season
- More: Call for volunteers from OPSGROUP: We need flight ops people
- More: The Changing Face of Disaster Relief Flying – How General Aviation (and Social Media) is Making A Huge Impact