The Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh recently published circular 02/2018 which outlines a $195 USD overflight permit fee for non-scheduled foreign aircraft transiting the VGFR/Dhaka FIR . The fee is certainly on the high side but the disappointing part is :
“The payment is non-refundable, irrespective of the approval or rejection to the permit request.”
There was a similar type of no-refund situation within the TNCF/Curaco FIR but we now understand after some noise, operators are getting refunds as per normal industry practice.
We say it’s time for the CAA in Bangladesh to stop this non-refundable nonsense.
Have you had a permit denied and not received your money back? Reach out and Let us know!
More on the topic:
- More: Cyprus: Risks in the Nicosia FIR
- More: Ops to Taiwan? You’ll have to avoid China
- More: At long last, Pakistan declares airspace fully open again
- More: Stuck in Iran for over 2 months
- More: Dubai to London – which way is best?