Aug 28 update: Laura continued to weaken overnight as it moved over central Arkansas. Wind speeds have dropped and all warnings and advisories have been cancelled. Disruption to aviation operations has generally remained limited, but major damage in Lake Charles area. KUXL/Southland Field sustained devastating damage, with the hangar completely destroyed, and the airport is closed for the foreseeable future. KLCH/Lake Charles and KCWF/Chennault appear the next worst affected and are currently closed to all traffic apart from emergency and relief services. Houston Center reports that all oceanic routes over the Gulf of Mexico are now open, however ADS-B outages and interruptions to VHF air ground frequencies continue. Check the Relief Air Wing page for latest updates.
- Relief Air Wing has been activated. For all operational updates, we have a live portal – map and situation.
- Subscribe to our special briefing for ops updates.
- This is a big OPSGROUP effort, so if you know of an airport or situation not shown, report it! Also, volunteer to help.
More on the topic:
- More: US no longer limiting international arrivals to 15 airports
- More: Covid restrictions by US state
- More: Many US Bizav Airport Towers To See Hours Cut
- More: Indy Center kicks off CPDLC trials – the system is live!
- More: Russian bombers intercepted off Alaskan coast (again)