Beijing is hosting the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation (FOCAC) on September 3 and 4, 2018.
As a result ZBAA/Beijing Capital airport will not allow any GA/Corporate Jet operations from Thursday, August 30 until Thursday, September 6 unless you are attending the forum itself. If you are, you will require a a sponsor letter from the organizing committee to obtain landing permission.
- There will be no take-off for all flights between 0700-0855L, strictly landing only.
- A maximum of two movements are allowed per hour for all flights between 0600-2355L.
- Governmental flights require an authorization letter from the respective Embassy to arrange handling services.
- Flights with diplomatic clearance can still operate to ZBAA even if they are not attending the forum.
- ZBAA cannot be used as an alternate (except in an emergency) until 6 September (Refer NOTAM E1870/18).
Operators are advised to consider ZBSJ/Shijiazhuang Zhengding airport (139nm away) and ZBTJ/Tianjin Binhai airport (67nm away) as alternative destinations during this time period.
Do you know more? Let us know!
More on the topic:
- More: Chinese maritime drills might impact flights
- More: Top Tips on China Ops
- More: Here’s something we had Hima-layan around
- More: China Airport Alternate Restrictions
- More: China steps up incursions into Taiwan’s ADIZ
- Latest: Park It! A look at some of Europe’s busiest summer airports
- Latest: Trains, Planes and Fuel-mobiles
- Latest: Formula 1 & Movie Stars: Special Procedures in Southern France
- Safe Airspace: Risk Database
- Weekly Ops Bulletin: Subscribe
- Membership plans: Why join OPSGROUP?